Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Inner Cloister

Had I gone by day, instead of by this black night?
Well it might have turned out right.
But this life is not about my could-have-dones or would-have-beens,
or where my conscience ends.
And now when the sun rises on this open hall,
with skeletons and ghostly vats, this gray and hellish skull...

And this Inner-Cloister hurts.
Cold pains, achin' dry. Gone open azure sky.

I'v paid my prices, pondered my vices, this hero life is...
still without a mind.
And should it be how the songs say?
With matted eyes, butched coats, makes they---
part of my kind?

And this Inner-Cloister hurts.
Cold pains, achin' dry. Gone open azure sky.

Hope to all! Hope to all! Because all summer gives way to fall.
And I had never seen the snow, and the water thrashed and the wind did blow.
Heeding their ancient call...

2 comments:

  1. Cool poem. Or is it lyrics? Either way, I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't say I understand it all, but it makes me feel something. You are gifted.

    ReplyDelete