Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Filipino Cheese Icecream


Filipino Cheese Ice Cream. This really bothers me. Whose idea was it to put the cheese in the ice cream? Really. And what’s more is that it didn’t just stop there as someone just trying to gross people out at lunch with their outrageous food combinations, it became an actual type of ice cream! In the Philippines there is an ice cream filled with thick little cheese cubes. No, it’s not good at all. It’s ridiculous. My dad’s Filipino co-worker bought 2 cartons of them over to my family once a few years back. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Thank you so much!
Well, we didn’t want to waste food (even if cheese ice cream is debated as being a food by some) and no one else in the family would touch it after the first 2 bites, so me n my dad sat down to watch a movie with only one real sole motive in mind; a mission to fulfill before we saw the credits: To be real men and each finish a carton of the incorrect hell spawn. I rarely remember what the movie might have been about. The taste was too wrong to let me be completely aware, I was semi-lucid. We didn’t end up eating it all—we threw it away. Forget Africa, starving people wouldn’t have been able to do it either. It’s not that it was unbearably gross necessarily, but it was wrong. Something registered in your head as morally destroying. I really don’t understand the Filipinos. I’m sorry.

Filipinos seem to eat everything. They should have had someone over there when they started to develop their delicacies thousands of years ago. Someone to say simple little things and steer them in the right direction. “No, kill the pig first… good. NOW eat it.” “Uh-ah. We eat things while they are still fresh, we don’t want the green in the meat and hair growing on the vegetables and the breads. Good! Good little people!” “Now, if it smells like it’s been dead for more than 2 days, don’t eat it.” No. They didn’t have this assistance. Really, so disappointing. Some things are like, you gotta be kidding me…2 cups of white sugar into the half gallon of spaghetti sauce?

No comments:

Post a Comment