Saturday, October 23, 2010

Why Americas Food Wins I : Blue Berry Pancakes

Blue Berry Pancakes. It's one of the reasons I wake up every morning. Not because I'm going to have them for breakfast or anything. But because I am NOT going to. Because I have to stay alive for the day I wake up and tell myself "Yes. Yes Jacob. You have made it to that fateful morning. And the time for blueberry pancakes has come."
There is something too aweing for mans languages to describe biting into a fluffy, crisp, golden pancake, rich' n moist with fresh, juicy blueberry, stuffed into its thick, doughy, cake. It's the elegant deer of the breakfast bread, and the seductive madame of the morning-berried plate.
Few things compare to cutting through a fresh blueberry pancake and having berry scented steam jet out through the opening into your face. And how the purple juices of the berries mix with the bread of the pancake to make it doughy and moist.


Top that off with real maple syrup and you'll understand one of the reasons why Americas food wins.

1 comment: