Saturday, October 9, 2010

Wasting hours.

So I'm here in the same spot I left you. Next day, same seat, all alone, couch, dog snoring... It's a beautiful day, and I had a bouncy, fluttering blond woman remind me that this morning, when John came in with his girlfriend to grab somethings before they skipped off to enjoy it. And she just couldn't believe me and Ben were still sitting around the house not seizing the hour up from the tray she was so quick to pick at. Well if your with your boyfriend, headed off to an edgy restaurant, and know half the people in town--- mmm, that might be a good idea. But what is someone who doesn't know ANYONE supposed to do about it? Go walk down the street and look good for the movie camera in the spotted side walk light? No. This isn't Mayberry. I could go spend my day giving a whirl at being a pick-up artist? Being shoved off would certainly give me something more to think about then guessing which side of the glass rim in front of me the fly is going to land on next. I've never seen Central Park? Theres an idea! I could go to Central Park and... yeah, see? And what? Feed pigeons and enjoy the air as I hobble around with a cane? I'm only 19! Kids my age are meeting people and socializing. Old people don't need to because they've fulfilled their needed amount of interactions with fellow humans. Their done. Had a spouse, kids... colleagues. Have you noticed that the KIDS who don't get enough "hangout time" in, eventually pull a gun on their university? Well that ain't gunna be me! I'm going to Central Park to kidnap an acquaintance. Yeah you heard me. Put a oat-meal cream pie on top of a net covered in leaves, and the second they go for the num-num... BAM! Up in a net! And THAT was how you met Zulu.

2 comments:

  1. i love it oh great zulu! you need to keep writing! i love to read your random thoughts! ~alexa (also known as "bob")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hesitant to comment because I don't want to do anything to influence the writing one way or the other....keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete